Saturday, December 1, 2018

White Mountains--picture heavy

A friend and I drove into the great white north for fighter practice today.  Okay, it is about an hour drive, north.  There is snow though, especially on the mountains.  Pictures will be below.  There were new people to meet, people practiced heavy weapons and fencing, and others worked on crafts while children ran around (away from the fighters) and played.  I ended up more engrossed in practicing calligraphy than I expected to be.  I tried four or five different letter D's and most likely settled on the simplest form.  More practice is needed. 

After dinner I decided to go for a walk around the city.  I had quite a few steps to get in order to reach my goal so I decided to walk to a plaza.  I spent just a few minutes at EMS and then a grocery store which helped my face get warm again before I headed back into the cold.  The walk ended up being about 3.65 miles.  I made my goal for the day. 😌

It was a good day and I hope to sleep well tonight and wake up fresh and ready to get things done tomorrow.  I have laundry and other chores to do as well as write down (with more clarity) many of the ideas my friend and I had during our drive today.  Getting to spend time with friends (laughing and some crying too) and seeing some of the White Mountains is my happy for today.

From the ride north.













Because we were moving down the highway, I am not sure how accurate this is, 
but I am sure it is close.




 Ride Home

While out on my walk I saw Mr. Winant wearing a scarf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment