Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Santa Hat

All the performers were at rehearsal tonight so I just got to sit back and watch.  It should be a great show.  This is the first practice and it is already very funny.  Next time, after the holidays, I need to take notes.

After work I tried to get my car inspected and, as expected, it failed.  The best part about that is I got to have a nice conversation with my son, the mechanic.  He kept comparing my state inspection with Texas, pretty much saying that my car would probably have been okay there.  What isn't, he would have been able to fix.  He wants me to get a new car, I can't afford it.  Even with all the repairs I will need I think it still will cost me less than $1000 this year to fix/ maintain. This is much less than a car payment would be. 

This week at school every day has a theme on what to wear.  Yesterday was flannel and fuzzy socks day.  I wore my fuzzy winter leggings under a skirt and fuzzy socks too.  Today was seasonal hats, antlers, etc.  I couldn't find my Santa hat (well, didn't want to search the cellar for the right box when the right box could be in storage) but I have a red ribbon hairband that I wore.  After crying myself to school (because holidays and missing people) I was greeted by a student with a Santa hat and a big smile with "Merry Christmas!"  That is my happy for the day. 

From my personal must-see Christmas movie, Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas, the song When the River Meets the Sea





No comments:

Post a Comment