Saturday, December 29, 2018

Movie Night

Toothpaste really can help to clear off the yellowing of headlights.  According to the internet, it may not be a long lasting solution however.  Unfortunately part of the problem with my passenger side headlight seems to be from within.  That will mean a different tactic that I haven't quite figured out yet.  I'm not sure if it is something that the garage I have been taking it to is prepared to do at the price they quoted.  Either way, I feel a little closer to getting my car inspected.

This evening I went to dinner with K, Z, Gideon and some friends.  Unfortunately, soon after getting to the restaurant, Gideon complained of not feeling well.  Z brought him home with their meals to go and the rest of us stayed for dinner followed by the movie Mary Poppins Returns.  We all enjoyed the movie and it is my happy for today.  Emily Blunt plays Mary Poppins very well.  She isn't quite Julie Andrews though.  It took me until now to put my finger on what it was that bothered me about how she played the character.  There were maybe two brief moments where she appeared to be judging the family.  For whatever reason, that isn't how I felt Julie Andrews portrayed Mary Poppins in similar situations.  Although, that may be the difference of watching a movie for the first time as an adult versus as a child.  All-in-all it was highly enjoyable.  Content warning though, I'm not sure I would recommend if there has been a recent loss of a spouse or parent?  Perhaps me being overly sensitive, but I cried, bring tissues.



The noise in the restaurant was bothering him. 

There are chimes gently singing
while water drips into the bucket.


No comments:

Post a Comment