Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Happy Boxing Day!!

Late this morning I braved the crowds and went shopping for some of the after Christmas specials.  There were no real crowds though, so that was good.  I was able to get a bunch of wrapping paper and ribbon so we should be all set for next Christmas.  Of course, wrapping gifts before Christmas Eve so that if one runs low there is time to get more, is probably a better plan.

We had an after Christmas dinner out with my aunt.  Until the last two Christmases we spent Christmas with her and her daughter and grandchildren.  Things changed so that doesn't happen anymore.  I miss them.  We had a nice dinner though and overstayed our welcome at the restaurant.  In the parking lot she gave us some winter hats she crocheted for us.  Almost every year we get a hat.  I love them.  I was wearing the earmuffs that K got me and no hat.  I proceeded to place the hat on over the earmuffs and we all laughed hysterically.  That is my happy for the day.  Other happy things include that I am typing this on my new laptop while listening to my kids (one sitting next to me, the other 2000 ish miles away) play Minecraft together.  Technology.

Assorted goodies.

A blurry picture of the hat and earmuffs, she made the snazzy scarf, too! 

Not sure if this one that K took is any better.



This is the front and then back of a lottery ticket I found in a box of my mother's things.


🎁📦

No comments:

Post a Comment