Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Field Trip

The field trip today was an eight minute walk from my house.  If I could have taken a break, I could have walked home and picked up the charger for my laptop that I forgot.  It's okay,  that is what my cellphone is for.

The program we saw was five short plays by different authors.  Two authors that I remember were J.J. Abrams and Mark Twain.  All were well done.  Unfortunately,  the troupe performing had vehicle problems and were not able to get their truck with all the costumes and much of the props to the theater.  They did manage some though and I felt it was just enough to help the imagination along.

Tonight was my rehearsal and I got to practice two different parts.  It was challenging.  I'm having a hard time getting into the right headspace.  I won't be performing this time, I'm a backup.  This means I need to have a good grasp of all the characters.  I hope everyone stays well.

Salmon is my happy for today.  My friend prepared it so well.  I think she said olive oil,  dill and kosher salt; baked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes?  Might have been 25, and I might have forgotten an ingredient.   The flavor was lovely with a perfect almost melt in your mouth texture.  Yes, well prepared salmon turned out to be just what I needed tonight.

The cat, warming herself by the fire.



No comments:

Post a Comment