Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Skating

It was less than five seconds that I looked at the video game that is playing on the TV.  Five seconds and the yellow eyes of the character will remain burned in my mind's eye like a hot iron on nylon.  I sit, willing myself to concentrate on writing.  To find words that have meaning and value.  I fall asleep...

Slowly I reminded my body how to ice skate.  Around in circles for close to an hour accumulated less than 1000 more steps on my pedometer (push, push, glide repeat) but I'm pretty certain I had a happy face unless I was checking on a fallen or struggling student.  Ice skating is my happy and sleep is what I need.


An after it was over selfie.
My confidence on the ice did not get high enough to take pictures while skating.
That is how a fell a few years ago while skating on the lake.

☮⛸

No comments:

Post a Comment