Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Early Release Day

There were only a few light flakes of snow when I drove home from work this afternoon.  School was let out early in anticipation of the storm.  I am not sure how the weather progressed there, but where I live, I am fairly certain they put in a full day.  After parking my car at the long term lot I had a nice, chilly walk home where I fell asleep on the couch.  Even so I am really tired tonight.

Gideon and K are home but Z's company pays for him and some other employees to stay at a hotel so they can make it to work when there is a storm.  We had a quiet afternoon of movies, video games and reading.  Last week I got the movie Hidden Figures from Netflix and I watched that today.  I had seen bits of it at school before break and am glad I was able to watch is all today.  I was able to get the audio book of Hidden Figures through Audible last week but I should finish Cosmos before I start a new book.  I'm mostly enjoying Cosmos, by Carl Sagan, but it does have some parts that I am finding more slow and so they are harder to listen to while driving.  

A few weeks ago I was observed in class by the Special Education Building Coordinator as part of my yearly review.  Today we sat down and discussed how that went.  There wasn't anything that I would consider negative in the review.  We also discussed areas that I feel I could use more training.  This all went really well and is my happy for today.

Buds and some last year's berries? still clinging to the tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment