Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Pi Day

A while back I may have posted about signing up for a travel writing class.   Tonight was the first class.  One thing that I am not sure I really considered is homework.  Not that I didn't expect any, just that I didn't quite think about the time involved.  For some reason I didn't get a pre-class email that included some pre-class homework.  At the same time, the class was free and we don't get an official grade on anything.  I just find it kind of funny that I don't remember thinking about homework.  There was a writing exercise we did in which I decided that I don't write well under pressure.   This is obviously something I need to work on.  For this week though I will concentrate on getting the homework done.  The teachers are great.  K took a class with them, probably 10 ish years ago, while she was still high school age. 

For Pi Day

RIP Stephen Hawking.

The kids just told me about this video of someone pushing a police van out of the snow dressed as Elsa from the movie Frozen.   My favorite part is where he has a problem with keeping the skirts of the gown out of his way.  This is a problem I am familiar with.  This is my happy for today.  Dressing as a cold winter character during a winter storm in what was hopefully a safe way doing a good deed and having fun with it is a neat way to make people smile.


 Snow, 
that didn't get shoveled because the shovel was in the car,
in the city parking garage,
a 10 minute walk away, 
because snow means parking ban.


No comments:

Post a Comment