Friday, March 9, 2018

Friday!

Science class today and Wednesday included a lab in which the students roll dice to determine who lives, dies and reproduces to simulate natural selection.  Nearly every student chose the large, over sized dice over the regular sized or the bouncy, quiet foam dice.  It sounded like a bowling alley in Science today.   ðŸŽ³ 😃

After work I met a friend at the mall for walking.  The display windows are set up to sell summer attire.  According to one site I just looked at, we got around 15 inches of snow yesterday.  It snowed while we were walking.  Spring has yet to arrive.  The sun was shining when we left though!  🌞

Tonight was the local craft night.  K still isn't feeling great so I went by myself.  I tried doing some pulled thread embroidery.  The book I used was a little bit hard for me to follow.  Most likely this is my fault as I wanted to just get started.  I did read more than I usually do and didn't just look at the pictures.  The results aren't what I expected.  This is quite possibly the materials I am using as well as not really knowing what I am doing.  The pictures in the book seem to be using a much looser weave.  My pictures below.


Sunrise and snow covered world.



This is the first that I tried.
The horizontal stitches are the new ones I tried.
The smaller ones have been "pulled."
 These are using the looser weave.
The pictures in the book were much more open looking.

Happy today was getting to walk with my friend and reaching my step goal for the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment