Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Hobbies

The other day it was announced in a group online that my daughter, K, and I have been nominated and accepted to run as Baronesses of our local SCA group.  If all of this sounds foreign to you, there is a link to the right that might help.  A good part of today was spent organizing some of our thoughts concerning this.  Not that we haven't had many discussions, but the discussions weren't in writing.  So we have many of our thoughts and ideas about the Barony written down and the next step will be to organize them.  The last time the office was in transition I was nominated but declined because I was still very much involved with being the local treasurer (Exchequer) and really wanted a partner to work with.  This time Gideon is no longer a toddler so K and I will be partners.  I have had around 5 years with this in the back of my head and I look forward to working on it.

Tonight I went to a class about preparing to hike the AT.  For now I intend to section hike.  There are so many things that are important to me that I want to do.  This one will have to be separated out for now to times when I am on vacations from work and won't need to be at an SCA event.  A bunch more training is necessary, hopefully I will finally get a routine going. 

The gentleman who sat in front of me in class is starting the trail in about 2 weeks.  So exciting!  He was wearing a shirt for Hadrian's Wall Path.  I was going to ask him about the shirt after the class but he left right away so I missed that opportunity.  Learning that there is a hiking path that is along Hadrian's Wall is my happy for today.  This joins two things that I enjoy together in a tangible way that I like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment