Sunday, February 25, 2018

Just a Happy and some drawn embroidery

Gideon spent the day with his other grandparents.  This left K, Z and I to ourselves.  We ran some errands in the morning and K & Z made the rest of the day into a date day and went to the movies and dinner.  That left this grandmother with the rest of the day to herself.  I had hoped to go to a show this afternoon but the weather and my waking up at 5 AM this morning changed my mind.  Instead I relaxed in between dishes and laundry.  Clean dishes and laundry are my happy things for today. 

One other thing I did was to take a couple minutes and work on the sampler that I started yesterday of drawn embroidery.  I took a couple pictures:

The top 2 pictures are what I did in class yesterday.  The zigzag stitch is the serpent and the other is the ladder.  The top pic is the backside and the other is the front.


The mouse teeth stitch forms the base for the other stitches.  I used green thread to see how it would look with the contrasting colors.  Again, the top pic is the backside and the other is the front.  The ladder stitches are the first I did and that last picture really shows how I messed up in the beginning.




 Whether I ever do this stitch again I don't know. It is pretty.  I think I like the way the serpent stitch looks best.


No comments:

Post a Comment