Saturday, February 3, 2018

Happy Groundhog Day

If you would like the groundhog prediction results, here is a link.  I heard today that Punxutawney Phil lives at the local library the rest of the year with his wife.  I hope they are very happy there.  😉

School was good.  I learned that I am able to print from my work computer.  Earlier in the school year I tried and was unable figure that out.  Now I am wondering if it was just out of paper.  😕  I'm working on notes for some of the students and they can be available either online or paper now without me having to ask a teacher to print them out.  Another para educator was printing out a worksheet for a student or I wouldn't have tried.  Generally my time in class is spent observing the students, listening to the teacher and trying to assist as needed.  Today I tried to multitask a little by entering data into the computer too.  For this particular project it didn't work as well as I had hoped because I was trying to fact check too.  I ended up bringing most of it home and will try to finish it over the weekend.  I'm enjoying learning 7th grade life sciences more as an adult than I did 40 ish years ago.  Things have changed since then.  With the education system and the way things are presented as well as the detail of what we know.  Mostly though, I think I have changed.  Not just by being an adult, but with that, my interests have broadened, a lot.

Rambling and tired again.  I need to rework my schedule and routine so maybe  I can sleep better.  My happy for today is seeing students grasp an idea and understand something or figure out a problem.  It is a pretty cool thing and I hope, as I continue to figure out this job, that I get to experience more of that look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment