Saturday, February 24, 2018

Embroidery

Well, it has been a long day that was supposed to be longer.  I had a party that I could have gone to tonight but I am just not feeling it after being out most of the day.  My daughter, K, Gideon and I as well as a friend all headed to an event themed around embroidery.  We ran a little late and didn't get into all the classes that we had hoped.  I took a class on mouse teeth, ladder and serpent.  I wish I could describe what that means.  Basically some thread is pulled out just up from where a hem meets and that place is where the stitching can start within that pulled section.  None of this sounds right and I forgot to take pictures and left my bag in the car.  Google search has finally produced this link on Drawn Thead Work which shows what I tried to accomplish. 

It was a good day visiting with friends and embroidering.  I got to hold a baby and a toddler and these things are my happy things for today.  I took a nap in the car on the way to the event and on the way home and I am still too tired to go out again.  So sleep is what I hope to do instead.  Maybe if I get sleep and many things accomplished in the morning I will head out to see i Sebastiani in the afternoon tomorrow.





                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment