Friday, February 9, 2018

Happy Friday!!

For whatever reason a test at the school I work at is called a summative and a quiz is a formative.  There are other terms that are different but today students had a summative.   My job as a para educator is to guide not answer.  Today I reworded questions and reminded where they did similar work (it was open notes) and watched a struggling student decide that the summative was easy.  It made my day and thus earns my happy for the day spot.

Other happenings for today include playing Polytopia with Gideon and dinner out with a cousin.  Gideon and I hadn't played Polytopia together for a while and he has upped his game play level.  I did win, but the scoring gap was much closer than last we played.  He also lost much better than before.  

Dinner out was nice.  This cousin and I haven't been able to get together outside of family functions in quite some time.  For a while my work brought me close to hers and we visited regularly.   It was really nice to catch up.  She is currently writing a book about investing in real estate and plans to take this information into the public speaking world.  I have no doubt that she will succeed with this.  Her suggestion to me is to do something similar using my interests. 

Then there is this article/blog I read. The phrase the article speaks of may become my favorite that I will be able to pull out at school.

Well wishes and prayers for another cousin, DD, she is having her gallbladder removed Monday.  💙



No comments:

Post a Comment