Monday, February 5, 2018

First Gym Day

Yesterday I joined a gym, today I went.  It was rather surprising to find out that the first Monday evening of the month they offer free pizza and the first Tuesday morning is bagels.  I waited to eat until I got home.  No pizza for me tonight.  It just didn't seem right to start out with pizza and a workout.  I had a ice cream after dinner instead.  😁  I decided to sign up for an orientation with the fitness trainer so I can learn more about all the machines.  I spent 40 minutes on the treadmill and still didn't want to let go of the handles.  I envision myself being able to jog like other folks.  I think the elliptical may be more what I want for that type of thing.  I also used a machine that works the core for a few minutes.  Next time I will stretch more there and not wait until I get home.  Working out with lots of people around is something I need to work on obviously.

It is Monday so D&D Game Day after school.  One hour is just not enough time to get much play time in.  I have only played this with the students once so far.  Perhaps I should make myself a character and be able to just step in with the character randomly.  I wonder what the DM's would feel about that?  Mostly I watch.  Today as I watched I kept almost falling asleep.  I really need to work harder at sleeping at night.

There is a special 2 week Artist in Residence program happening at the school this week.  I wasn't really assigned to a specific group of people, station or teacher to be with.  One of the teachers suggested that I wander among the 5 groups and that is what I did.  Which was kind of neat because I got to see a little of all the things they are doing.  It was fun though and is today's happy.  Also, I made my step goal today for the first time in weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment