Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Fat Tuesday

School today went fine, although I was more tired than usual.  The 7th grade staff have been watching small bits of the Olympics during lunch break.  Today there was a little bit of snowboarding and some speed skating.  I wonder where my ice skates are.  It seems that the school can't let the students watch the Olympics because of the commercials, at least that is what some of the teachers were saying.  I stayed late again for more training.  

When I got home it was suggested that I play Minecraft because a surprise was being planned and a distraction was necessary.  I played until dinner but I had the time wrong so stopped when dinner was ready.  I hope I get to find out about the surprise later.  

The gym has its perks, but I took a walk tonight, outside, in the cold and it was lovely.  When I walked by the capitol building I noticed the stained glass window over the door.  I know I have seen it before, I must have, but all lit up tonight it looked new to me.



I didn't get too close so the pictures aren't the best quality.  

After the capitol I remembered the walkway that had loads of umbrellas hanging over it during the summer.  There are icicles hanging for the winter and this is the first time walking at night that I have had the opportunity to see them lit up.  Here is a still shot:


And a video.  The effect is much nicer with the video.  It would be better still if there wasn't so much white noise.  I recommend turning down the volume prior to watching.


Since I went upstairs for pictures of the umbrellas from above it seemed only fitting to do the same with the icicles.  Here, from the top of the parking garage looking down and zoomed a little:


A video, also from the top of the garage.  This also has too much background noise.


The capital dome all lit up.


Which makes tonight's walk my happy for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment