Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Half a Snow Day

The weather last night implied that the storm today would be strong and heavy snow around noon.   The school where I work had already informed us of an early release but after watching the weather I thought they might cancel.  So I stayed in bed until 5:30 AM when they are supposed to make the decision by.  School was not canceled.  The snow didn't even start at the school until around 11:15, just before school let out.  The storm traveled west to east and my trip home was east to west.  The closer to home I got the slower the travel and the more snow there was.  During the walk home from the parking garage, which takes less than 10 minutes, I accumulated about a half inch on my jacket and things. 

Then I played Minecraft.  Gideon played with me for a while and I got to play with some other family too.  I decided to reschedule my appointment tonight at the gym.  We started watching the second movie from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.  K has been reading the book to Gideon before bed.  He is enjoying it.  This morning I finished listening to Exploring J. R. R. Tolkiens the Hobbit by Corey Olsen.  It reminded me of how many things are skimmed over in a book but can mean so much to the plot.

My happy for today goes to the snow and that it started late (at least later than I thought).  This allowed me to have a much safer drive home. 

This mornings sunrise has a similar beam to yesterday's.
I wonder if there is something man-made causing that.

A snow-covered selfie from my walk hone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment