Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Wrong Side of Bed

Some days, things just don't seem to go well.   Today began with fumbles and spills.   It continued with problematic things at work.   Most of the day I just wanted to scream or cry.  After work I didn't want to people.   I went and got my mail and then tried to take a walk where I used to bring my dog all the time.  I haven't been there since he passed.  There were tears from the day, but the walk didn't last long.  The trail was very muddy.  For my health and that of the trail I cut the walk very short and headed for rehearsal.

The day had gone so poorly I considered not going out.  I worried that my mood would be obvious and bring others down with me.  I listened to random TED Talks on the drive.   I stopped at the grocery and picked up a little junk food, but a salad and some more healthy options too.  I talked with a coworker on the phone.   I arrived early and went for a walk.   I arrived to rehearsal tired and a bit worn from the day, but the funk from earlier was starting to fade.  Then there was ice cream and conversations and the funk started to be a memory.   The drive back to my friend's house included even more TED Talks and a salad, so by the time I arrived,  I was in a much better mood.   Body language, brain chemistry, hand gestures are a few of the topics I listened to.  TED and hugs from friends are my happy things for today.


Babbling Brook

Sunset

The Charles River


No comments:

Post a Comment