Friday, November 23, 2018

Black Friday

Tomorrow I hope to make myself a pair of shoes.  Today I bought the leather and hopefully other things that I need in order to do this.  It has been quite a while since I have been in a Tandy Leather Store.  In hindsight, I am a little disappointed that I wasn't overwhelmed upon entering by the rich scent of leather.  Leather was purchased though, a rather large piece that will be more than enough for a pair of shoes, maybe a few pair or some boots.  We shall see if I get this right the first time or not.  I hope I remember to take pictures. 

Today we worked on taking the design that we chose to be my favor and fitting it onto fabric and sewing it together to form a pocket.  My favors will not be completely period, but they will hold things if needed.  There were four of us working on this today and we each took a few home to work on over this week.  We are each taking a slightly different approach as to how we are implementing the design and will compare them next week.  The plan is that I will put together a tutorial as to how we prepare and assemble these for people to use as a guide to make for me to then give out to others.  So many things to do!  😊

About a year ago I got a free pdf by Tim Ferriss called 5 Morning Rituals that Help Me Win the Day.  I found a podcast that is a little different by him here (#105) to share.  I had problems reading the file when I first got it and then only skimmed it.  This morning I finally read the pdf.  I already do one of the 5 suggestions every morning.  There is one of them that I can't do because it involves caffeine, I may look for a caffeine free alternative.  The other three are things that I could do, possibly with some modifications,  if I make more time in my morning. 

My happy for today is that I again got to spend a day with friends and we were all productive together.

No comments:

Post a Comment