Sunday, November 4, 2018

The Day After Crown

Breakfast this morning didn't go all that much different than I had expected.  Sort of.  We were still at the hotel and met up with others that we knew would be there.  All this was expected.  Knowing that one of these friends is now Princess of the East in the SCA was also something I knew.  I congratulated her when I first saw her as I hadn't been able to the day before.  There were a few of us having breakfast and I took a picture and had a realization.  Well, reality hit.  One of my daughter's best friends was Princess and will be Queen.  It was a moment of how much my life has changed and how it will be changing.  Also of the people I wish were still here to see it, those that are here and the many that I haven't met yet.  There was a flash of panic followed immediately by a calm feeling.  Like all is okay, don't panic over stuff that hasn't happened.  Live in the nowNow things are good.  There are things about this now that aren't perfect, but the things I can control are mostly okay.  Now is my happy for today. 

There are children behind that curtain.
They were watching the sunrise
(because kids don't 'get' an extra hour of sleep when the clocks change)
and imagining things about being witches, wizards or warlocks.
Soon after this Gideon's friend says 'oh, zombies' 
as some other character they should have considered.
This is when the game leveled up.  😄


That breakfast picture...


There is a gas fireplace outside the hotel.
The kids sat down to read by it and I took a couple of interesting shots.

Dancing Flame

I've been spotted! 

Hey! 

And then he smiled for the camera. 

A couple pictures from the ride home.




No comments:

Post a Comment