Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Snow Day

School was canceled today because of snow.  I want to say that I spent the day being all productive and stuff, but I didn't.  Eventually I uninstalled the game I keep playing, but then started playing a different one.  Ah, well, I will have no excuse to be stressed over the holiday then, what with all this relaxing and stuff.  Too bad relaxing doesn't really help with anxiety.  Thankfully I don't expect to have too much anxiety this holiday.  Gideon did have school but wasn't feeling well and stayed home.  He never got sick though, just his normal cough.  His parents both had to work today so it was fortuitous that I ended up with the day off.

After dinner we moved the cars to the parking garage. That is what one does when there is a parking ban and there is no driveway at the house.  I had wanted to go to the gym after but decided I was too tired.  When I started the walk back from the garage I couldn't just go home, I had to walk by the capitol and down Main Street.  It was much busier than I expected for 10:30 on a Tuesday night.  No work tomorrow I guess.  The gold dome shone bright like gilded ice cream with marshmallow snow.  The shops downtown have decorated for the Christmas holiday and the wreaths are hanging off the street poles.  Walking home tonight is my happy for the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment