Thursday, November 1, 2018

Dreams--Happy November

This morning I chose to listen to a Tedx on the way to work.  The music player on my phone wasn't working and the book I have been listening to I knew wouldn't do what I wanted so I went to YouTube instead.  The program I listened to (there is that link to it above), spoke about living/achieving our dreams.  It is a little like The Secret, but one person's story and in just over 18 minutes.  Any how, it made me realize that I am in the beginning stages of living a dream and becoming Baroness.  I didn't get here quite the way I thought.  I didn't expect to have my daughter be my partner in this when I first thought about it.  There are people that I had hoped to share this with that won't be here.  There are things that I expected to find important that seem trivial now and things that I knew would be important that are even more so now.  There are other aspects that I am still trying to wrap my thoughts around. 

Sometimes, the dreams a person have are squashed.  It is sad, frustrating, maddening.  Things happen that we have no control over.  They point our life in a different direction.  An unexpected journey (so to speak) that takes us to a different space, or keeps us from moving forward.  When this happens, I have learned to take a deep breath, maybe some time, and reform or create new dreams. 

There are other dreams I have that must wait because of the time commitment that is involved in becoming a part of the Baronage.  I will do my best to hold onto those dreams too.  To nurture them and help them grow.  These dreams are my happy for today and what I am thankful for. 



No comments:

Post a Comment