Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Voting for Mid-term Elections

Eight hours, I may have gotten eight hours of sleep last night.  After doing a bunch of research on the candidates, walking to the polls in the rain and voting, I tried to take a nap and failed.  My feet were cold.  That was all that really got wet, my feet.  I took my shoes and socks off right away and tried to warm them up.  Eventually that meant a heating pad on my feet.  Then I think I couldn't sleep because of the heating pad.  Maybe the real reason I couldn't get to sleep was the eight hours last night.  The eight hours and extra vitamins are kind of keeping the stuffy nose a little bit at bay.  🤞

This morning's search with Z for information on the candidates was sometimes fun, sometimes frustrating.  It was fun to throw ideas at each other and working together to find information.  It was very frustrating when there was no information to be found.  It seems the lesser the office, the lesser the information.  There was one candidate that a local newspaper tried to find to interview (including knocking on their door!) and never found them.  I understand wanting to maintain some semblance of normalcy and privacy, but if one is running for a public office, questions on stances and eligibility should be answered.  Z signed up somewhere to give people rides to the polls, but there were no takers, including me.  I decided to walk.  The church where we vote is just over a half mile away and it hadn't been raining, until I left.  Good thing I brought an umbrella.

Voting is my happy thing for today.  Some sites we used to try and find information are:

https://www.citizenscount.org/
https://www.vote411.org/
https://www.ballotready.org/

Not that these sites are any use to a reader with polls closed or closing, but maybe I will remember that I posted the links and look back next election season.  Maybe next time, there will be more complete information on everyone.  😲


Still some foliage!



No comments:

Post a Comment