Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Cold

According to my Facebook memories, last year we had our first snow of the season on this day.  It was just a little more than a dusting and if memory serves, there was no snow at work, just at home.  Work is closer to the seacoast and the temps tend to be just a little milder.  Our first snow this season is expected to start tomorrow night and last into Friday morning.  This time we are expecting 4-8 inches at home and 2-4 at work.  Also freezing rain and rain.  Driving will be miserable if it turns to freezing rain and shoveling gets tough too.  My precipitation preference is snow or rain, please,  not freezing rain or sleet or hail.  Too bad I have no control over the weather.  😂

For one of the classes today at work we had to go outside, in the cold.  Most students haven't quite started wearing their winter jackets yet.  I remember being the kid who didn't want to wear a jacket.  I still don't like to wear one in the car when I am driving.  At my old job I was in and out of grocery stores and would often not wear a jacket into work.  Now I have a locker and wear a coat and when it snows I will be wearing my boots and bring in some shoes to keep in the locker to change into.  It is like I am pampering myself to wear a coat and be able to change my shoes at work.  😜  Really though, I am just no longer a kid!

This is my third day in a row stretching and I also got in over 10,000 steps today.  It is too soon to tell, but it may be helping my mood.  Paying a bill and getting in those steps are my happy things for today.




No comments:

Post a Comment