Thursday, September 27, 2018

TMI

In the SCA are things we call Households.  In my early days my now ex husband and I had a household.  It mostly dissolved when we moved and stopped participating as much.  After the divorce, and moving back to the area, rather than start a household of my own,  I joined one that had some of the former members of my original household.  This new household is small and was good to belong to.  We did things together in and out of the SCA.  Over the last few years though the people who were the leaders of the household have had to step back for real life personal reasons.  No matter how reasonable the reasons may be, most of the rest of us are left a bit lost.  Tonight I sent a message to the members of the household suggesting that we revitalize our household or start a new one.  I was hoping for revitalization, it is looking more like starting anew.  Either way, my happy for today is that, with a some help from friends, I finally spoke up about this.  It isn't so much happy as it is relieved.  It is something that has been bothering me for quite some time.

I have been the one who has had to leave all my friends behind when I moved thousands of miles from my home.  It stunk.  It was before social media was a thing and phone calls home had long distance charges.  I like to think that I do a better job keeping in touch with people now, but I could still do better.  The point here is that as a former head of a household, it hurts to lose that sense of community and the family that you helped to build, even when that change had to happen.  At the same time, a lot has been learned over my last 30 years and sometimes good can be found after a change.  I'm hopeful. 

Skies





No comments:

Post a Comment