Sunday, September 23, 2018

Happy Sunday

Last night I ended up staying awake most of the night talking.   Eventually real exhaustion set in and I slept a little by the fire until just before sunrise.   The sky was glorious, the pond still as glass with wisps of fog floating over it.   Geese and other birds awoke and fish jumped in the pond.   We ended up going around the pond because we saw something floating and wanted to be sure it had nothing to do with the burning of the ship last night.   We tried to be very careful and only found some hay floating and the one arrow that I knew had fallen but drifted away before I could reach it.  The item we saw floating was a float type device from some random boat or dock.   This morning's clean up time and canoe ride are my happy things for today.

Gideon dyed his hair today,  well,  his mom did it for him.  It's cute,  but I haven't a picture yet.   I had a brief visit from a friend today.   She stopped by, while she was in the area, to pick up a cooler I had borrowed .  We caught up and talked household stuff.  I napped and did chores and errands the rest of the day.   I am pleased to say that I will be in bed before 10 and hope to be asleep by then.   Perhaps it will mean a good start to the week.

Sunrise




Folliage



The float thing that set us out onto the water. 


Dousing the fire. 


I had some papers from storage in my car that we burned.   Some of the colors from the dyes in the paper were gorgeous. 


Sunset. 







No comments:

Post a Comment