Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Accident

The day began alright.  Work was work.   After work I headed for the chiropractor.   I had an appointment on my calendar for 4:10.  I got there at 4:08.  My lower back has been bothering me the last day or two.  Probably from sitting on hay bales Saturday night.   There was no appointment in the system however.  The receptionist was kind enough to squeeze me in.  I felt a little better when I left.

The next stop was McDonalds and then to i Sebastiani Commedia practice.  It is raining and there was traffic.  Somehow I managed to drive by my exit. This resulted in my getting off the highway and taking city streets for maybe a half an hour to get to practice.  Unfortunately along the way a car pulled out in front of me and I hit them.  Long story short, I am okay.  I refused an ambulance ride and decided checking my vitals was probably useless considering how much adrenaline was racing through me and I was shaking quite a bit.   The other driver looked okay, but had a pacemaker and so they went to the hospital.

After doing all the things one does with reporting an accident, I sat in the car and calmed a bit before heading to rehearsal.  On the way, the little aches and pains started up.  Lower back again/still and my hands and wrist.  I gripped the steering wheel pretty tight as I slammed the breaks.  All this brings me to my happy... there is a message chair where we rehearse.  It is busily working away at my back and neck.  Hopefully I will be better tomorrow because of this.


The Charles River,
On the way to get ice cream. 

☮🍨☮




No comments:

Post a Comment