Thursday, September 13, 2018

Cold

Whether I am fighting a cold or allergies is no longer a question.  I feel miserable, it doesn't matter the cause.  I came home from work and went to sleep.  Unless I wake up tomorrow completely refreshed and rejuvenated, it will be a sick day.  It seems too soon in the year to be calling out sick, but I need to be healthy and rest is an important part of that.  At least that is what I hear. 

Today at school in science class we got to go outside and the students figuratively adopted a tree.  They chose one to examine and then write evidence that it was alive.  The school has a little outdoor classroom next to a pond.  It is a beautiful spot and is my happy for today.  They have benches and narrow tables looking out at the pond.  There is a tree there, some kind of pine I think (don't remember), that had a beech tree sapling growing out of it about 15 feet up in the pine branches.  Maybe I will get back there to get a picture of it another time.  I called it a Minecraft tree because in computer games it is possible to plant trees on top of other trees.  This isn't something that happens often in nature, but I guess it does happen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment