Monday, September 3, 2018

Harper's Clean Up Day

As the title implies, today was supposed to be spent cleaning up the campground after the event.  I did indeed help and stayed until we were sure it was finished, but I spent a great deal of that time visiting with people.  It seems like there is always a period of time after an event that is rehashing parts of it and sharing with others the experiences we had.  Every day this event there have been stories shared about the people who have passed away this year.  Logically, I know that these things happen and that the rest of us need to move forward.  Emotionally, there are so many different feelings and it depends on the day or hour as to how I feel and handle it.  Emotionally and selfishly, perhaps, I hope that there are no more deaths in the near future.  A friend came to the event on Saturday with her baby.  Holding a little one did wonders for a bit and it is a feeling I may need to keep calling on. 

Any how, my happy for today is going to be the SCA and all the friends that being a part of this organization has allowed me to have.  There are so many wonderful people that I know only because of being a part of this organization.  Sometimes I wonder if other hobbies create such an experience of friends and acquaintances as this one does. 

A silly picture of Gideon and me to end this post that became way too serious.


No comments:

Post a Comment