Thursday, September 6, 2018

Names

Arriving home today from work I sat down, then laid down, then set my alarm to go off in 15 minutes to wake me.   I snoozed the alarm at least 3 times.  I have a vague memory of saying something to Z.  When I awoke, I was alone in the house, I didn't hear anyone leave and I was maybe 12 feet from the door on the couch.  I am hopeful that I will be able to fall asleep still tonight.

There are around 70 students in the 7th grade that I am trying to learn their names.  The teachers have the attendance and other tools to help them learn.  Last year I remember looking at the small tags on their chromebooks or notebooks and folders to learn the names.  This year I am in an art class and the teacher is having them design a folder to keep work in-with their names colorfully represented on the front.  This has helped considerably.  These little things are so helpful.  I just wandered around looking at the name on the folder, then the student and after a while, the student then the name until I am fairly certain I have those names committed to memory. 

My chromebook was given to me today.  I have been asking different people for it since last Tuesday during PD days.  Apparently it was just waiting for me in an office that I only go into once every other week to fill out my time card.  Getting that is my happy for today.  I have been borrowing or going without and it had become tiresome.  Some things I can access on my phone, but not everything.  I feel that I need to learn something about who to communicate to by this, but I talked to enough people that it seems like someone could have known and sent me to the right place, but they didn't either.  It is all good, or will be once I charge it!  😄

Clouds

My daughter made an absolutely GORGEOUS scroll.
It has yet to be awarded, but here is a little part of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment