Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Nine Eleven

Today's 7th grade students were not yet born when four planes went down in one day leaving the United States in shock.  At school today there was some history taught and a moment of silence for those who lost their lives that day.   Some of the students seemed to understand better than others, just like every other event in history. 

It was also voting day for us, primaries for governor, Senate, House and a few other things.  I was able to make it to the polls in the afternoon before rehearsal.  It concerns me how little information seems to be available for voters about the candidates.  Years ago I found a chart with issues and whether the candidate support or not those issues online.   I'd like to see things like that more around elections.

Rehearsal went well.   Some kinks were hopefully worked out and Saturday the performance will go well.  I'll try not to get too anxious about performing.  I don't feel that I did at Pennsic,  but for some reason, maybe because it is closer to home,  I am feeling it a little more this time.   Rehearsal is today's happy and the time leading up to it.   Gideon tried to read the outline to me over the phone to help.  Phones being what they are, wireless, the reception wasn't the greatest and K ended up doing much of the reading.  The effort was much appreciated. 

☮ 


No comments:

Post a Comment