Friday, September 7, 2018

Friday!!

Surviving the first week of school gets us a pride day.  All the students and teaching staff gather in the gym and a talk is given about expectations, rewards and fund raisers.   Like last year the current fund raiser is penny wars.  Pennies add a point, every other amount subtracts its monetary amount in points from the total.  Last year the winning class got an ice cream party.  I got rid of a few dollars worth of pennies, but on the last day someone put $50 bills into the 7th and 8th grade jars, tipping the scales so the 6th grade won.  I'm not sure how the donations are distributed, most likely to help students go on field trips.

It is Friday.   My happy is making through the first week of school.  I felt much more at ease than last year, I shouldn't have.   Meeting so many new personalities is a challenge that I might have underestimated.   All will hopefully be fine. I'm still not really stressed about everything,  but I wonder if I should be.  🤪

If I wake up super early in the morning I am going for a hike. 

Sun rising. 


No comments:

Post a Comment