Monday, September 3, 2018

About Harper's Event Day 2

After sneaking into the cabin for bed last night, with everyone else inside asleep, I couldn't get the internet to work.  It worked the night before when I wrote the blog, but not this night.  Perhaps I got to sleep faster because of this, I don't think so. 

The day was filled with responsibilities interspersed with sitting and talking with folks.  A dear friend came and helped me out by carrying things, running quick errands and being company.  Having company helped to keep my mind from heading down dark paths that creep into my mind lately because so many people have passed away recently.   

In the evening a bardic competition was held.  We did things differently this year with the audience being allowed to vote by following a rubric.  I was sceptical about this working on such a large scale, but it seemed to.  I know I wasn't the first person to consider using a rubric, but I had expected it to only be used on a smaller scale.  My thoughts had maybe five people use the rubric to judge the competition.   Instead the audience teamed up in groups of 4 or 5 using the rubric to score each of the participants and it seemed to work well.  I am curious how those who participated felt about this system.  

After the competition was over, I ended up staying up way too late talking with someone.   It was fun, just wish it wasn't so late.  My happy for today is spending time with friends, old and new.  









No comments:

Post a Comment