Sunday, September 16, 2018

Falling Leaves

It was a lovely day to be outside at an event.  I didn't take as many pictures as I probably could have or would have had I not been still struggling with a bit of a cold.  My voice remained in tact though and I was told I could be heard while performing with i Sebastiani.  I felt better about this performance than I did the last one.  There was one spot where it was a little awkward and I think that was my fault, but all in all I think it worked well. 

Awards were given to many today but three people that I know fairly well got some well deserved awards.  It feels like I spent a great deal of time watching people receive awards but there was also the performance and just hanging out with friends.  I decided to keep a fairly low profile so as to not get people sick.  At the end of the day hugs were still given even though I tried to warn folks away.  That is the most precious thing, to give and receive, and is my happy for today.

Another fabulous thing that deserves being mentioned is how many of us pulled together to help get stuff packed up after it was dark and things were ending.  Cooperation is a beautiful thing to see.  In hindsight, had I felt better, we could have helped more people pack up once we were done.








No comments:

Post a Comment