Saturday, June 30, 2018

The Heat

Camping in the heat and humidity for some people is shorts, swimming,  hikes and fires with marshmallows at night.   When a person camps while at a medieval event when the heat is in the upper 90's and the humidity is thick enough that it can be seen in the air and felt with every breath it is still an outfit from a the times of long gowns and long sleeves.  So tonight I am more hot and sweaty than usual and hoping to sleep well despite that.

Other than the heat and feeling of melting the day went well.   Tomorrow when I am home I plan to write a bit about the event and post some pictures.   My happy for today was watching Gideon play with people around our campsite.   He had a blast mispronouncing words with one person and trying to do sudoku with another.  Another happy is listening to various bardic circles as I fall asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment