Friday, June 8, 2018

Family Bible

The mood swings this diet (Whole 30) seems to be giving me are more than I really want to deal with in my life right now.  K reintroduced bread today for herself.  I'll make that decision tomorrow morning whether to have a piece of toast or not.  The things I did expect like hunger and stomach/intestinal issues are happening too.

Apparently I was pretty tired because I fell asleep before posting and writing about my happy for today.   I went to visit my cousin and help her move a few things around at her house.   Her father (also my cousin) and his wife are moving and they are storing things at her house and the things needed rearranging.  One of these things was a beautiful family bible that was given to my great grandmother and grandfather at their wedding in 1888.  It is not in the best of conditions, but it could be much worse.   We did the wrong thing and opened it up a few pages.   Someday maybe I'll bring some cotton gloves and look through it more... or just pack it better for preserving, because that could be done much better too.




















No comments:

Post a Comment