Sunday, June 3, 2018

Trees and sickness

Poor Gideon isn't feeling well and has conjunctivitis.  Z brought him to urgent care this afternoon and got some drops for his eyes.  His folks went to the movies and Gideon decided he was tired and snuggled up with me on the couch.  He doesn't do that too often anymore unless he isn't feeling well.  He snuggles, but not because he is tired.

This morning I wanted to sleep in but didn't.  Well, I guess I woke up about an hour or so after my regular awake time, but that was a little after six.  Gideon was already awake and quietly playing on his iPad.  K had asked him to let them sleep in until after nine and he was being really good at staying quiet so they could sleep.  Hindsight, he probably wasn't feeling great then.  I had a little to eat and then went out for a walk while the temperature was still cool.  It ended up being a lovely day and never got overly warm and the humidity seems to have left us.

Yesterday my cousin messaged me about my Friday blog and the rosy maple moth I saw.  There is blogger she follows who posted a picture in their blog with a red maple seed.  Here is a link, the picture is towards the beginning of the blog.  It is easy to see why the moth looks like it does when looking at the seed.  What a pleasant coincidence that she saw them and could bring it to my attention.  This last school year being a para educator in a 7th grade life sciences class has certainly brought to my attention things such as how organisms adapt to their environment.  The coloring on the moth had me curious about that but I would have forgotten to look into it more deeply.

We spent a good part of the day doing some spring cleaning.  There was a place where things got stuffed that is now a place with space.  There is more to do (isn't there always?) but every bit is a step closer to where we want to be.  K & Z are getting a new bed delivered on Tuesday so the door that had all the shoes behind can now open all the way and things like that are put away and others ready for donation or the dump.  Helping get this done is my happy for today.

The icicle lights are still up and lit.
Last year there were umbrellas and I am wondering if they will return.

I took pictures of this tree and the next because of the podcast in the article. 
I didn't think either of these were gingko, and they aren't.
Where one would go to find out if/whether the gingko were planted I do not know.


And a rose because it smells so sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment