Friday, June 1, 2018

The Guitar

Walking tonight, I hoped to cool down, every step was work pushing through the thick humid air.  This time when I got home, tired, I remembered the ice for my foot and neck.  Maybe it will cool me down a bit.  Over the weekend maybe I will find the time to get a window fan somewhere.  There is a church that I walked by tonight that is undergoing some construction and the steeple area was all lit up.  There are pictures at the end.  I don't remember ever seeing it lit up before.  I've taken many pictures of it though.  

This last quarter at school I have been the para-educator in the music class.  The first part of the quarter the drum (djembe)was taught and I just tried to memorize the vocabulary and it was all pretty basic so I didn't try to play.  This is not to say that drumming is easy, but it didn't get very complicated in the 7th grade and I knew I could practice that at home, even though I would probably not choose to.  Last week they started learning to play the guitar.  Helping students to play and tune a guitar is a slightly different skill than a drum.  The teacher let me figure it out so I can help the students tune and place their fingers.  There is a guitar hanging on the wall in my bedroom and I thought it might be broken, but maybe easily repaired and I would be able to practice at home.  It never got that far though because K remembered that some friends had given her their sons children's guitar for Gideon.  Thank you friends!  So I found a free guitar tuner app (Guitar Tuna) and tuned it and played some of the chords that has been getting taught at school.  Gideon wanted to play too but the guitar is still just a little too big for him I think.  It didn't really matter though, he strummed and made up a song.  That is my happy for today. 

🎸

This moth was on the stairway of the parking garage. 
My web search led me here.

The Church pictures 





NH Police Memorial

No comments:

Post a Comment