Saturday, June 23, 2018

Baronial Meet & Greet

My daughter K and I are candidates to become the next Baron and Baroness of our local SCA Barony.  This is a large commitment and responsibility that would be part of our life for the next 3 to 6 years.  Today there was a Meet and Greet so that members of the populous could come out and ask questions and get to know all the candidates better.  There are 5 people that make up 3 options for who will next serve that roll.  I feel that all of us answered the questions well.  We sat there for about 2 hours taking turns answering questions.  I think there was only one that I fumbled a bit with.  I started to go one way and realized it wasn't coming out the way I had hoped and stumbled through it a bit.  K did an absolutely awesome job though.  She was very nervous coming into this, I spent my nervous energy while sitting up there. 

Now it is over and that is my happy for today.  That this public speaking that included some very tough questions is now behind me and I can concentrate my energies on the next task and getting ready for other events coming up. 

                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment