Friday, June 22, 2018

Last day of school

For almost 3.5 hours I watched students cycle through my station of Four Square as part of the Field Day activities.  If a student was at the school today it is pretty safe to say that I saw them.  I even tried to play with some of the students for a few minutes.  I am not good at the game.  After the Field Day activities, the students got their year books and were able to spend about an hour signing them and tee shirts.  I wasn't asked to sign much, but I joyfully signed when asked.  It was a bittersweet day of happy when they were playing and sad that things were changing.  In the afternoon they finished watching a movie that was started on Wednesday.  The staff goes outside at the end of the day and stands on a hill to wave goodbye to the bus fulls as they head off for summer break. 

In the evening I went with Z and Gideon to Market Days for a little it and then walked on to craft night.  Market Days was very busy.  It seems to be growing in size and popularity.  Craft night was busy, too with 10 people showing up.  K was tracing and cutting out sheep shapes for a game with some help from me and others.

Happiness today is brought to you by the hugs from some of the students.  Understanding why the rules say there is to be no touching is one thing, living it was harder than I expected. 


Market Days

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment