Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Tent mapping

Someday I will get this right and take notes on what I want to write about during the day so when I sit down, the mind doesn't go blank.  Someday pigs will fly too!  😉  It has been a very busy day filled with doctor visits, shopping, packing and cooking.  Well, for me, mostly packing and shopping, my daughter got the rest.  I also planned out, as best I could, the tent map for the event coming up.  It is my responsibility to figure the best way for the tents to fit into the spot of land we have been allotted.  I tried using a program that was recommended but failed in learning how to use it in 10 minutes (I could have tried harder) so I went to Google Drawings, which I had used before.  After getting that almost done I made a change that basically changed the scale of the 'land'.  Unfortunately, it didn't change the 'tent' drawings on the 'land' and I had no idea what the scale was to start, my mistake.   Anyhow, from there I drew them out on graph paper and did it old school with scissors and glue.  It will all change when we get there and find out that we have more or less land than we thought or the angle of the corner isn't what it looks like or some such.  That may all sound like I am being pessimistic, but I am really only preparing myself to be flexible.  If my mind prepares for the worse now, it will take the small stuff much better.  Every once in a while I wonder if I should have gone into map making or architecture/designing homes.  Oh, well.

Earlier today my phone dinged at me; it was an app letting me know that the moon and Saturn are lining up (link).  I looked up and reminded myself that it was a dreary, overcast day.  As I write this, it sounds like it is pouring outside, there will be no stargazing tonight. 

My happy for today is that a friend and I are going to the event together.  My family and I needed to take two vehicles and I was going to be driving alone, now I am not and that makes me so happy.  I used to love driving long distances, not so much anymore.  At least, not alone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment