Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Rainy Tuesday

It was Tuesday last week that we started the Whole 30 diet plan.  Today I started feeling hungry and stressed and sarcastic.  I must agree with my daughter that planning what to eat like this is very difficult for us.  I am used to grabbing something to eat on my way out the door in the morning and having a can of soup for lunch and maybe crackers and a V-8 at snack time.  Now I am trying to make an egg or heat up something from the night before or putting together a salad and eating salmon from a can during the day.  Protein is a big part of this and it is one of the foods I have a hard time getting.  Perhaps it is what has sustained me this evening though.

Calling home this afternoon, Gideon answered.  He spoke like a secretary.  It was something like--Hello, K's phone this is Gideon speaking.  She is busy now what would you like her for--or something like that.  Still in kindergarten and such an awesome and polite child.

Somehow, even though I felt tired and out of sorts earlier today, I have come home from rehearsal feeling rather energized.  Tonight was the third rehearsal with the troupe I will be performing with when I go camping in August.  There is so much to learn but I feel like I am catching on at this point.  When I leave my mind is racing with things I should have or could have said but also ways that didn't seem to flow right or things I should be doing over the next week to help prepare.  One of the things I need to do is remind myself what Gorgonzola cheese is like.  Another is to research potions that could have been around in 16th century Italy.  These things could help me know the character better and things like that.  Ceasing to use words like okay and other more modern words is also important.  Rehearsal is my happy for today. 

Country streets

No comments:

Post a Comment