Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Statue in the park.

Last night we had no power and I naively thought I would have time to make a long post tonight.   Tonight however is Tuesday and Tuesday is rehearsal night and rehearsal night is late.   Add to that a piece of research that I had to do tonight because of a statue. 

First here is the song, or at least a version of it.  It is about a soldier, dead and buried, from WWI and the singer is wondering about the soldier's life and death.  The soldier's name is Willie McBride.  There are some motivated people who did a bunch of research to find out about Private McBride and a little bit of that is here.  The statue I saw today implies what a common name his must have been because the statue would not be the same person.

Rehearsal was fun.  The character I am playing has reasons to be very angry.  I don't,  but I am still finding the part to be rather cathartic.   I get there tired and weary and leave awake and happy and that is my happy for today. 

Morning clouds.

William P. McBride 

The Statue

☮☮


No comments:

Post a Comment