Monday, June 4, 2018

Counties

This was our last day of the Dungeons and Dragons group at school.  Next year the 8th graders will be gone and there will be new students in the 6th grade to take their place.  We weren't able to finish the campaign.  Everyone was still in mid engagement with rats and goblins when we had to stop.  After a nod of approval from the teacher I announced to the class that everyone rolled a natural 20, the castle crumbled and the goblin all disappeared leaving only debris, the professor they went there to save and treasure.  I have to admit to being torn about wanting to keep going and thank goodness this was over.  I learned a bunch but still have so much more to learn and I look forward to doing this again, in whatever form it becomes, next year.

There were instant messages on my phone from C when I got out of work requesting information about counties we have been in.  Here is a link to what I am talking about.   After finishing the dishes I spent way too much time looking for more places that I knew we had been to.  I won't be trying to do that for myself.  There are no county names on the map which makes it a challenge to find things.  I also don't remember the routes that I took different places.  C has been to more states than me and most likely more counties as well.  It is kind of nice when your children are able to live some of the dreams that you weren't able to fulfill yourself, yet.  Looking for places we have been to help out C in creating their map is my happy for today.   



No comments:

Post a Comment