Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Video Games

After school today I came home and downloaded a game onto my computer.  I keep trying to not get too involved in playing computer or video games.  The truth is I do like some of them and there are reasons to play video games.  There is even a Ted Talks that addresses this.  Everyone in the house has been playing Minecraft.  There is computer server magic that allows not just my immediate household but also my son and ex-husband in Texas and my son's girlfriend in Maryland to all play together in the same world.  More computer magic allows us to talk as well.  This means that I may get to know my son's girlfriend a little better before they come up to visit in 2 or 3 weeks. 

There is another game that I have been playing off and on, Horizon Zero Dawn, for the PS4.  They got that for Christmas.  I am playing that game at the easiest level possible.  My older self is not quite used to the controls on these games.  I am watching my son-in-law play now and he is able to run and jump and shoot the bow and arrow all at the same time-with creatures attacking him.  The character level I play the game with is much harder to kill.  If I continue to play, maybe I will eventually bump it up a level.   That will depend on if I ever play enough to get bored with the easy level. 

What should I have been doing this afternoon instead?  Dishes, going for a walk, or watching a frog dissection.  I still might watch a bit of the dissection, as I go to sleep.  In class tomorrow we are dissecting a fake plastic frog.  The teacher and I looked at one today and the key for the frog parts isn't quite complete.  The major organs are there but there are others that are part of the model that we aren't quite certain what they are.  Where the key seemed to point at the kidneys didn't quite look right, so that is another thing to confirm. 

My happy for today was going to be playing Minecraft, but then my grandson came in and snuggled with his mom.  So precious.  My picture is a little blurry, but their Ugga Mugga is the winner for my happy today.


My son-in-aw playing Horizon Zero Dawn. 


No comments:

Post a Comment