Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Snowy night

As I sat on the couch
Dinner eaten,
Weaving in progress
Winter doldrums
I considered the incoming snow
My car
Parked on the side of the street
Near a corner
Should I move it to the town garage?
So tired.
It was an early morning
Sleep is good
Warm bed
Upstairs I went, the car would be okay...
Comfy bed calling me

"Hey, the snow has started!"
I hear my daughter call.
Suddenly, visions of plows
not hitting my car-
plowing it in
Thought of shoveling it out
Before work, will there be work?
Awaken my tired brain
Dressing up nice and warm
My car and I head to the garage

Snow falling I walk along the lonely city streets
Going the long way home
The sounds are always different in the snow
Tiny flakes falling so quiet
Sounds are muffled... but not gone
Snow covering slippery ice
I don't fall
Instead I find my happy for today
Snowflakes from the sky






No comments:

Post a Comment