Thursday, January 4, 2018

First Snow Day of 2018

Part of living in a city and not having a driveway means that when a snow storm or blizzard happens we have need to move our cars to local garages.  So the first thing my daughter and I did after breakfast this morning was move the cars to a parking garage.  It took 2 garages to get her van parked and I didn't find an empty spot until the 3rd garage.  Apparently there are quite a few people who use the garages both for work and during a storm.  I bundled up to maybe take a walk on my walk back to the house.  A few minutes in the cold wind and I decided to just go home.  I tend to use Map My Hikes to keep track of my walks and when I can I write a quick little rhyme to go with it.  This is today's:

Oh the weather outside is affright... 
and my car is now parked for the night 
as long as all the lights stay aglow
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

That was this morning before we had too much snow.  My car is just under a half mile from the house.  Hopefully most of the sidewalks will be plowed or shoveled when I have to leave early for work.

The rest of the morning I slacked off on Facebook and making myself a bitmoji--things like that.  Someone suggested that we try to walk around the house at least 500 steps every hour since the storm has most people inside.  I did pretty well with that and got quite a few steps in.  Most of the afternoon my daughter and I (mostly her) sewed.  She has been working on a new gown for me to wear this weekend at an event (SCA) we will be at.  It is half blue and half red.  She has done a really great job on it.  She also started an orange dress for herself that I am really hoping she gets finished.  While my daughter pinned my hem we watched some of the new season of The Crown.  We both really enjoy it.  I wish I remembered or knew more of the actual history from that time period.

My happy for today is twirling slightly in the gown saying, "make it blue" then the other way saying, "make it red."  Because of this scene from Sleeping Beauty.

From the parking garage.

The walk home.

Neighbors roof around 4 or 4:30 this afternoon.

 Front steps.

And out the window around 11 PM.

Just before 11 PM I got the phone call--no school tomorrow either. 
Guess there is more snow there than here. 😵

❆❄❅☮❅❄❆❆❄❅☮❅❄❆❆❄❅☮❅❄❆❆❄❅☮❅❄❆❆❄❅☮❅❄❆❆❄❅☮❅❄❆


No comments:

Post a Comment