Sunday, January 21, 2018

Support system

As I sit, thinking of what to write, I try to keep it upbeat, or at least not depressing.  I had a fairly good day, despite hearing sad news about a friend in the hospital, or about the funeral that so many attended yesterday but I did not, or the other friend that is struggling with a sick parent and also has these same friends as I and has had other losses in her life recently.  Sometimes things happen that just really suck.  With all that was going on, it was still a good day.  This morning was mostly spent being productive and getting things cleaned up and reorganized for my son and his girlfriend's arrival on Tuesday.  I am so very excited to see them!  There was a meeting this afternoon that I went to about next week's upcoming event.  Getting to hug and spend time with friends before and after the meeting are wonderful and healing things.  Out to dinner with a friend after and we got a little bit of walking in too.  Despite (or maybe because?) my being rather introverted I really get a lot out of being with family and friends.  When I got home this evening I prepared my clothes for the week.  The week!  I never do that, sometimes a day or two, but I have outfits ready until Friday and a good idea of what I need for the coming weekend.  It is time for bed and I am basically ready.  Wow.

All of these things make me one happy and grateful person.  So many friends and family, a wonderful support system that I have to be thankful for.




No comments:

Post a Comment