Friday, January 26, 2018

Big weekend

There are so many special people in my life.  Tonight I am at an SCA event where I volunteer to help check people in at gate.  A few years ago the gate was my responsibility.  I found the volunteers to work the various parts and managed it.  I have found someone to replace me and I am now her backup.  We expect to have close to 2000 people come through tonight and tomorrow.  It can be a daunting task.  I believe this is the 3rd year that I haven't been in charge but I still have at least one nightmare prior.  It is generally concerning my forgetting to have the right amount of change for the registers.  This year the dream involved me getting to the event and having no change and other people were already there.  Thankfully, this hasn't really happened.  So far everything is running quite smoothly.  And I really enjoy doing these things and the people that we work with and see.  It is all my happy for today.

I took a picture but it won't download over the hotel internet.  Maybe tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment