Monday, January 15, 2018

Martin Luther King Jr Day


No school today due to the holiday.  Here is a little history I found about the making of this holiday.  It still blows my mind that some parts of the country have Confederate holidays.  As I think about it, there isn't any holiday that I can think of in the US that doesn't offend someone. 

Lazy day off is my happy for today.  I'm not sure why I am so very tired today after doing so very little.  But sleep has been chasing me down most of the day and now I am going to let it catch me.

I walked into the cold
A tear came to my eye
Down to my cheek it rolled
I did not ask to cry

Walking on down the road
My brain imagining
A line where the tear flowed
Bright red, brightly glowing

Searing cold into cheek
A deep red line of ice
Imagination's bleak
There really is no slice

Wiping it all away
With the back of my glove
Keep those demons at bay
Bring into my mind love

                 ☮




No comments:

Post a Comment